Welcome to the ActionNodes documentation! ActionNodes is a Photoshop plugin that allows users to (as its name says) create actions using nodes. This powerful plugin gives you the flexibility to combine basic Photoshop operations, mathematics, file operations, text manipulation, and many more, to create custom sequences of operations tailored to your specific needs.
With the ability to use cyclic and conditional nodes, you can create complex action sequences that adapt to different situations, making your workflow more efficient than ever before. Additionally, the plugin offers the possibility to create custom variables, giving you even more control over your actions.
In this documentation, we’ll explore the plugin interface, various nodes available, and how to use them effectively, along with tips and tricks to streamline your workflow and get the most out of the plugin. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced Photoshop user, this plugin will help you take your editing skills to the next level.
Before you can start using our Photoshop plugin, you need to install it on your computer. First of all, navigate to the Download section of the site and download the setup program suitable for your operating system.
On Windows #
Once the download is complete, double-click the installer file to launch the installation wizard.
At the first step of the installation wizard, you will see a task selection window.
- Common files. The first option will be inactive. It involves installing the files required for the plugin to work.
- Custom path installation. The second option allows you to install the plug-in for a version of Photoshop that for some reason was not found by the installer on your computer, but which you know is supported by this version of the plug-in. We recommend that you enable this option only if you know what you’re doing.
- Detected Photoshop versions. The following options will list the versions of Photoshop installed on your computer that are supported by the version of the plug-in you’re installing. You can disable the versions of Photoshop for which you don’t want to install the plug-in.
After clicking on the Next button, if you selected the “Install plug-in to a custom folder” option, you’ll see the following wizard window where you need to specify the path to the Photoshop Plug-ins folder for which you want to install ActionNodes.
Then, regardless of any previous choices, you will be taken to the summary window of the installation wizard.
After clicking the Install button, the plugin will be installed. And at the end of the installation, you will see the following window.
After clicking on the Finish button, the installation is complete.
On macOS #
The macOS version is currently in the planning stage. This section will be updated as soon as this version is released.
System requirements #
To use this plugin, you need:
- Adobe Photoshop (64-bit) on Windows 10 or higher.
- An internet connection for activating the plugin.
- At least 1 GB of RAM and 150 MB of free disk space.
Launching the Plugin #
To launch the plugin, follow these steps:
- Open Photoshop. You can launch the plugin with or without a document open.
- Go to File -> Automate and choose ActionNodes from the menu. This will open the plugin window.
- You can now create and edit your custom actions using nodes. See the next section for more details on how to use the plugin.
To get started with using it, we recommend exploring the available nodes and creating some basic action sequences to get a feel for how the plugin works. If you encounter any issues during the installation or setup process, please contact our support team for assistance.